From the start of the program in the early 1980s to the spring of 2023, the I/O program at Virginia Tech has matriculated 97 doctoral candidates, and 35 masters degree candidates who decided not to pursue their doctoral training. The list below contains the 135 names of the students graduating with a degree in I/O psychology from Virginia Tech. Names are organized by degree year. Names followed by "(2023)" are verified to be the current position titles/status of the alumni. The faculty of the I/O psychology program at Virginia Tech are extremely proud of the successes of our alumni!!
Aaron Coombs, Ph.D., Colonel, U. S. Army (2023)
- Aaron is Assistant Professor at the Amy War College, Carlisle, PA
Brandon Minton, Ph.D. (2023)
- Brandon is a Research Statistician at State Farm, Atlanta, GA. Brandon works remotely.
Teresa Ristow, Ph.D. (2023)
- Teresa has accepted a position (start date fall 2023) as Assistant Professor of Psychology at Radford University, Radford VA.
Vivian Zagarese, Ph.D. (2023)
- Vivian is a post-doc at the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine, Roanoke, VA
Molly Minnen, Ph.D. (2023)
- Molly is Assistant Professor of Management in the College of Business at Radford University, Radford, VA.
Emily Rost, Ph.D. (2023)
- Emily is a Research Scientist for the Personnel Selection & Development Program at Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Alexandria, VA, and also serves as an adjunct faculty at St. Mary's College, St. Mary City, MD.
Elsheba Abraham, Ph.D. (2023)
- Data Insight Analyst at Development Dimensions International, Pittsburgh, PA. Elsheba works remotely.
Zachary Mastrich, Ph.D. (2023)
- Zach is a Senior Data Scientist with MITRE Corporation, McLean, VA
Weiwen Nie, Ph.D. (2023)
- Weiwen is a Research Consultant for Hogan Assessments, Tulsa, OK. Weiwen works remotely.
Manasia Sturdivant, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Manasia is a Senior Analyst - Selection and Assessments for Palo Alto Security, Palo Alto, CA. Manasia works remotely.
Bryan Acton, Ph.D. (2023)
- Bryan is Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior and Leadership in the School of Management at Binghamton University, Binghamton, NY
Bethany Bodo, Ph.D. (2023)
- Bethany is the Assistant Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, Office of Analytics and Institutional Effectiveness at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
Jessica Gladfelter, Ph.D. (2023)
- Jessica is a Personnel Psychologist in the Office of Employee Experience and Development, Food Safety and Inspection Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC
Trevin Glasgow, Ph,D. (2023)
- This spring, Trevin will complete his post-doctoral fellowship, NIH Institutional Research and Academic Career Development Award (IRACDA) (K12), in the Department of Health Behavior and Policy, School of Medicine at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA. In the summer of 2023, Trevin will begin his new position as Assistant Professor in the Department of Public Health Services at the University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA
Nicholas Flannery, Ph.D. (2023)
- Nick is a Research Scientist at State Farm Insurance, Dunwoody, GA
Devin Carter, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Devin is a Human Resource Analyst in the Federal Government, Washington DC
Maureen McCusker, Ph.D. (2023)
- Maureen is Co-Founder and Co-CEO at Blackhawke Behavioral Science and is an Adjunct Professional Lecturer in the Department of Management at American University, both located in Washington, DC
Micah Roediger, Ph.D. (2023)
- Micah is a Data Science Technical Integrator with MITRE Corporation, McLean, VA
Yashna Shah, Ph.D. (2023)
- Yashna is a Research Scientist, Global Hiring Science, Amazon, Washington DC.
Nikita Arun, Ph.D. (2023)
- Niki is the Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Industrial-Organizational Masters of Professional Studies program at the University of Maryland, Bethesda, MD
Patrick Coyle, Ph.D. (2023)
- Patrick is Assistant Professor of Management and Leadership the College of Business at LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
Chris Downing, Ph.D. (2023)
- Chris is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA
Katie Snead Boyd, Ph.D. (2023)
- Katie is the Director of Academic Insight and Director of Auburn University’s Quality Enhancement Plan - Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Michael Ekema, M.S. (2023)
- After completing his masters degree at Virginia Tech, Michael earned a Ph.D. from the City University of New York and Baruch College in 2022. Michael is currently Professor of Management/Human Resource Management at California State University at Long Beach.
Shane M. McCarty, M.S. (2023)
- Shane is the Executive Director and Research Scientist at Promote Care and Prevent Harm, Washington, DC
Matt Fornito, M.S. (2023)
- Chief Data Officer at Revenue.io, Denver, CO
Samantha Garrett, M.S. (2023)
- Samantha went on to complete a Ph.D. in I/O Psychology at South Florida University in 2015. Samantha is a Strategic Account Manager at Tivly, Sarasota, FL
Andrew Miller M.S. (2023)
- Andrew is Senior Research Associate at the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute, Blacksburg, VA
Ryan Smith, Ph.D. (2023)
- Ryan is Project Manager within the Office of Highway Safety at the National Transportation Safety Board, Washington, DC
Nicole Thompson, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Nicole is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Washington, DC
Sarah Allgood Wills, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Sarah is an Independent Consultant in Chicago, IL
Mark David Scott, Ph.D. (2023)
- Mark is Director of People Analytics at Audible Inc., New York, NY
Robert Knee, Ph.D. (2023)
- Rob is Senior Leader - Change Enablement at Allstate Insurance Co., Salem, VA.
Scott Moshier, M.S. (2023)
- Scott is the Director of Organizational Development & Talent Strategy at Sunrise Senior Living, Alexandria, VA
Jaron Holmes, Ph.D. (2023)
- Jaron is a Personnel Research Psychologist in the Human Resources Services division of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Washington, DC
Shujing (Jessie Huang) Hyland, M.S. (2023)
- Jessie is Director, Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT) Analytics and Insights at the Association of American Medical Colleges, Fairfax, VA
Emilee Tison, Ph.D. (2023)
- Emilee is a Peoples Analytics Manager at Meta, Washington, DC
Trevor Byrd, Ph.D. (2023)
- Trevor is Director of Performance Analytics at Richardson Sales Performance, Charlotte, NC
Patrice Esson, Ph.D. (2023)
- Patrice is Associate Dean in the Department of English at Humber College, Toronto, Canada. Although Patrice's official title is English department, her position is in the college is administration, human resources.
Rolanda Findlay, Ph.D., Lieutenant Commander, U.S.Navy, retired (updated 2021)
- Rolanda is Founder & Principal of Follow Your Freebird, LLC, Miami, FL. Rolanda proudly served as a US Naval Officer and Aerospace Experimental Psychologist from 2009-2021
Rebecca Hoffner, Ph.D.
Cynthia Fife Immel, M.S. (2023)
- Cynthia is a Learning and Development Manager, Facilitator at Silicon Valley Bank, Chandler, AZ
Daniel LeBreton, Ph.D. (2023)
- Dan is a Partner at rhr International, Brentwood, TN
Nadine LeBarron Mcbride, Ph.D. (2023)
- Nadine is Psychometrics Manager for the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT). NREMT is headquartered in Cleveland, OH, but Nadine works remotely.
Julie Kalanick Osowski, Ph.D. (updated 2017)
- Julie is a Senior Research Psychologist at the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, Washington, DC
Victoria Robson, Ph.D. (2023)
- Victoria is Director of Analytics and Enrollment Strategy at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
Corrie Whitmore, M.S. (2023)
- After earning her master's degree in I/O, Corrie switched tracks and completed her Ph.D. in Developmental Science. Corrie is Associate Professor Professor of Health Sciences at the University of Alaska Anchorage, Anchorage Alaska. Corrie is currently serving as the President of the American Evaluation Society
Eugene Kutcher, Ph.D. (2023)
- Gene is Dean of the Norm Brodsky College of Business at Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ
Matthew Trippe, Ph.D. (2023)
- Matt is Research Manager at Human Resources Research Organization, Louisville, KY
Yvette Quintela, Ph.D. (2023)
- Yvette is a Senior Principal at Mecer | Sirota, Washington, DC
Rachel Backert, M.S. (updated 2013)
- Rachel is a Manager of Organizational Development at Mary Washington Health Care, Glen Allen, Virginia
Ty Breland, Ph.D. (2023)
- Ty is Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Marriott International, Inc., Washington DC
Lisa (Wan Yin Chang) Hsu, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Founder and Director of Ni Hao Chinese Schools, Torrence, CA
Leifur Geir Hafsteinsson, Ph.D. (2023)
- Leifur is Senior Talent Acquisition Manager at Sidekick Health, Reykjavik, Iceland.
Kristina Meacham, M.S. (2023)
- Kristina is Senior Researcher at the Society for Human Resource Management, Alexandria, VA
Kevin Bradley, Ph.D. (2023)
- Kevin is a Senior Staff Scientist at Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Alexandria, VA
Steven R. Burnkrant, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Steve Burnkrant is a Lead Personnel Research Psychologist in the Organizational Assessment (OA) section of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Denver, CO
Amy Gershenoff Hayes, Ph.D. (2023)
- Amy is a Managing Director at Russell Reynolds Associates, Atlanta, GA
Heather Hayes, M.S. (2023)
- After completing her Master's degree, Heather earned a Ph.D. in Quantitative Psychology at Georgia Tech in 2012. Heather is a Psychometrician in the College of Information Technology, Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT
Andrea Sinclair, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Andrea Sinclair is a Program Manager and Senior Scientist at the Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Louisville, KY
S. Bartholomew Craig, Ph.D. (2023)
- Bart is Director of Graduate Training and Associate Head of the Psychology Department at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Joan McMahon, Ph.D.
- Joan is an Professor Emerirtus in the Luter School of Business at Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA
Chris Sanders, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Chris is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist for the City of Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
Dana Byrd, M.S. (2023)
- Dana is Director, Talent Management, Prudential Financial, Charlotte, NC
Patrick Gavan O'Shea, Ph.D, (2023)
- Gavan is Manager of Creative Services in the Business Development Division at the Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Louisville, KY, office, and is currently supporting several assessment development efforts for the International Coaching Federation
Alisa Watt, M.S.
Tammy Bess, M.S.
Shanan G. Gibson, Ph.D. (2023)
- Shanan is Professor in Management, Marketing and Operations Department and Dean of the O'Maley College of Business at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL
Melissa Gratias, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Melissa is Founder & Principal of Progress Not Perfection Consulting, Savannah, GA
Eran Hollander, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Eran is Senior Vice President of Product Management at Flywire, Boston, MA
Greg Lemmond, M.S.
Carl Swander, Ph.D. (2023)
- Carl is President and CEO of Ergometrics & Applied Personnel Research, Inc. and President and CEO of the National Testing Network, both in Lynnwood, WA
Emily Stimpson Blue, M.S.
Jason DePasquale, Ph.D. (2023)
- Jason is Deputy Assistant Administrator, Training & Development at the Transportation Security Administration, Washington, DC
Nicole Jalbert, Ph.D. (2023)
- Niki is Founder & Principal Consultant of Miramar Consulting Group, Half Moon Bay, CA
Kevin Keller, M.S.
Timothy McGonigle, Ph.D. (2023)
- Vice President of Operations at Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Alexandria, VA
Scott Parrill, M.S. (2023)
- Scott is Vice President of Investments, Stifel Financial Corporation, Dallas, TX
Adam Prowker, M.S. (2023)
- After completing his Master's degree, Adam earned a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Measurement from Rutgers University. Adam works as an independent consultant in Flemington, NJ
Joshua Williams, Ph.D. (2023)
- Josh is Partner, Human Performance and Business Transformation at Propulo Consulting. Josh works remotely from Blacksburg, VA.
Stephen Atkins, Ph.D., U.S. Air Force, retired (2023)
- Stephen is Principal Lecturer in Applied Management in the business school at Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand
Laurie Buchanan, Ph.D.
Theresa Cullen Korbar, M.S. (2023)
- Theresa is Organizational Development Manager with San Diego Gas and Electric, San Diego, CA
Rachel Fredholm DeSpain, M.S. (2023)
- Rachel operates a retreat for cancer survivors in Koloa, on the island of Kauai, HI. Rachel recently authored “A Wild Ride: Reclaiming my Edge after Cancer."
Jean-Anne Schmidt, M.S. (2023)
- Jean-Anne is Senior Director of Qualitative Research at Escalent, Charlotte, NC
Kevin J. Basik, M.S., US Air Force, retired, (2023)
- Chief of Leadership Programs, National Medal of Honor Institute, Arlington, VA. Kevin works remotely from Charlotte, NC.
Reagan Brown, Ph.D. (2023)
- Reagan is a Professor of Psychology at Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Jeffrey Smith, Ph.D. (2023)
- Jeff works in private equity in New York City
Leslie Thomas, Ph.D. (2023)
- Leslie is Chief Psychometric and Strategy Officer at Kryterion, Phoenix AZ
Thomas, Dallam, Ph.D. (2023)
- Thomas is Founder and Senior Partner at Modern Executive Solutions.
Steven C. Morgan, Ph.D. (2023)
- Steve is Founder and Principal Consultant of President of Performance Insight, LLC, Lancaster, PA.
Dwayne Norris, Ph.D. (2023)
- Dwayne is Senior Vice President & Chief of Human Resources at the American Institute of Research, Washington, DC
Daniel P. Russell, M.S. (2023)
- Dan is Partner, Head of Assessment, and Head of Products, Data & Insights Lab at rhr International, Atlanta, GA.
Paige Porter Wolf, Ph.D. (2023)
- Paige is Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, in the College of Business at George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Heather Roberts Fox, Ph.D. (2023)
- Heather is Senior Lecturer in the the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Anne Holloway-Lundy, M.S. (2023)
- Anne is Supervisory Personnel Research Psychologist at the Office of Personnel Management, Dallas, TX
Yuqing Ni, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Yuqing is a Senior Data Consultant at Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
Darren Ritzer, Ph.D. (2023)
- Darren is Department Chair and Professor of Psychology at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, NC
Maureen Walsh, Ph.D.
Thomas Berry, Ph.D. (2023)
- Tom is an Associate Professor of Psychology at Christopher Newport University, Newport New, VA
Sharon Conti Flinder, Ph.D. (2023)
- Sharon is the Executive Director of Applied Psychology at Transformation Systems, Inc., Washington D.C.
Dianan Corrigan, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Diana Corrigan is a Human Resources Officer in the Bureau of Global Talent at the U.S. Department of State, Falls Church, VA
Kathleen Duffin, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Kathy is a Director of Human Resources at Colorado Department of Labor and Employment for the State of Colorado, Denver, CO
Justin Rueb, Ph.D. (2023)
- Justin is Professor of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI, and President of Aspiring Heights, LLC, Mosinee, WI
Marcus Cowgill, Ph.D.
Stuart E. Greenberg, Ph.D.
Amy Russell Hartley, M.S. (2023)
- Amy is Vice President of Human Resources for Alfa Laval, Richmond, VA
Pat Marshall, Ph.D. (updated 2013)
- Pat is the Principal of Organizational Strategies, LLC, New York, NY
Dean Stamoulis, Ph.D. (2023)
- Dean is the Managing Director of Russell Reynolds Associates, Atlanta GA
Marta Carter Wilson, Ph.D. (2023)
- Marta is CEO of Transformation Systems Inc. (TSI), Washington, DC
Robert Brill, Ph.D. (2023)
- Bob is an Associate Professor of Psychology at Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA
Jerry Bush, M.S. (2023)
- Jerry is the Assessment Systems Manager for the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy, Washington, D.C.
Michelle Rozhon, M.S.
Lance Becker, Ph.D.
- Lance passed away in 2019; he was Founder & Principal of Lance Becker & Associates, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Monnie Bittle, Ph.D. (Updated 2020)
- Monnie is founder and Chief Executive Officer of Executive Decisions International, LLC, Chicago, IL
Elizabeth Brownlee Kolmstetter, Ph.D. (2023)
- Liz is Chief People Officer at the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), Washington, DC
Joanne Mac Donlin, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Joanne is Team Leader of Product Innovation at MetrixLab, Morristown, NJ
Margery Hall, Ph.D.
Carissa Luch, M.S. (2023)
- Carissa is a Senior Consumer Research Manager at Kimberly-Clark, Oshkosh, WI
Paul Levy, Ph.D. (2023)
- Paul is Vice President and Chief of Staff at The University of Akron, Akron, OH
Steve Walker, Ph.D. (2023)
- Steve is Senior Vice President of Organizational Development at Citizens Bank, Stamford, CT
Kathryn Welch, Ph.D.
Liz Evenson, Ph.D.
Mary McCoy, Ph.D.
Larry Shetzer, Ph.D.
Denise Long, M.S.
Jim Nimmer, Ph.D.
James Austin, Ph.D.
- Jim has retired after thirty years of service at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH! Jim keeps busy doing private consulting these days.
Pete Villinova, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Pete is Professor of Management in the Walker School of Business at Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
1985 and prior years
Laura Donnelly, Ph.D.
Barry Riegelhaupt, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Barry is a Vice President, Advisory Services at Optum, Alpharetta, GA
Greg Dobbins, Ph.D.
- In 1995, Greg was a Professor in the I/O Psychology program at the University of Tennessee and a rising star in the field of Industrial/Organizational psychology when he suddenly passed away.
Robert Cardy, Ph.D.
- Bob is Professor Emeritus and former Chair of the Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Joseph Orban, Ph.D.
- Joseph retired in 2017 as an Applied Psychological Measurement and Research Consultant.
Earl Pence, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Earl is Founder and Principal of Executive Coaching and Consulting, Fredricksburg, VA