From the start of the program in the early 1980s to the spring of 2021, the I/O program at Virginia Tech has matriculated 93 doctoral candidates, and 31 masters degree candidates who decided not to pursue their doctoral training. The list below contains the 124 names of the students graduating with a degree in I/O psychology from Virginia Tech. Below each name is the most up-to-date, available job title (as of 7-2021) for each alumna. The faculty of the I/O psychology program at Virginia Tech are extremely proud of the successes of our alumni!!
Elsheba Abraham, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Data Insight Analyst Intern for Survey, Testing and Assessment Team Services at Development Dimensions International, Pittsburgh, PA
Zachary Mastrich, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Zach is a Senior Data Scientist with MITRE Corporation, McLean, VA
Weiwen Nie, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Research Consultant at Hogan Assessments, Tulsa, OK
Manasia Sturdivant, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Selection and Assessments Specialist at Palo Alto Security, Palo Alto, CA
Bryan Acton, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Bryan is a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at Durham University business school (UK), in the Centre for Leadership and Followership. This position is funded by the U.S. Army Research Institute for the Behavioral and Social Sciences.
Bethany Bodo, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Bethany is the Director of Institutional Effectiveness Analytics and Institutional Effectiveness at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
Jessica Gladfelter, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Jessica is a Personnel Psychologist in the Office of Employee Experience and Development, Food Safety and Inspection Service, United States Department of Agriculture, Washington, DC
Trevin Glasgow, Ph,D. (updated 2021)
- Trevin is a Post-Doctoral Research Scientist in the Institutional Research and Academic Career Development program funded by The National Institute of General Medical Science. Trevin works at Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Nicholas Flannery, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Nick is a Research Scientist at State Farm Insurance, Dunwoody, GA
Devin Carter, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Devin is a Human Resource Analyst in the Federal Government, Washington DC
Maureen McCusker, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Maureen is Co-Founder and Chief Operations Officer at Blackhawke Behavioral Science and is an Adjunct Professor at American University, both located in Washington, DC
Micah Roediger, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Micha is a Senior Data Scientist with MITRE Corporation, McLean, VA
Yashna Shah, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Yashna is a Research Analyst for Independent Project Analysis, Asburn, VA.
Nikita Arun, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Niki is the Program Director and Clinical Assistant Professor in the Industrial-Organizational Masters of Professional Studies program at the University of Maryland, Bethesda, MD
Patrick Coyle, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Patrick is Assistant Professor of Management and Leadership the College of Business at LaSalle University, Philadelphia, PA
Chris Downing, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Chris is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology at Valdosta State University, Valdosta, GA
Katie Snead Boyd, Ph.D.(updated 2021)
- Katie is the Director of Academic Insight and Director of Auburn University’s Quality Enhancement Plan - Auburn University, Auburn, AL
Shane M. McCarty, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Shane is the Executive Director at Promote Care and Prevent Harm, Washington, DC
Matt Fornito, M.S.(updated 2021)
- Matt is head of Artificial Intelligence at Trace3, Denver, CO
Samantha Garrett, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Samantha is a consultant at Starling Trust Sciences, Orlando, FL
Sarah Allgood Wills, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Sarah is an Independent Consultant, Chicago, IL
Ryan Smith, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Ryan is Project Manager within the Office of Highway Safety at the National Transportation Safety Board, Washington, DC
Nicole Thompson, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Nicole is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Washington, DC
Mark Scott, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Mark is Vice President of Data Strategy & People Analytics at Moody's Corporation, New York, NY
Robert Knee, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Rob is an Organizational Change and Leadership Consultant with Black & Veatech Management Consulting, Roanoke, VA
Scott Moshier, M.A. (updated 2021)
- Scott is the Director of Organizational Development & Talent Strategy at Sunrise Senior Living, Alexandria, VA
Jaron Holmes, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Jaron is a Personnel Research Psychologist in the Human Resources Services division of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Washington, DC
Shujing (Jessie Huang) Hyland, M.A. (updated 2021)
- Jessie is a Manager of Medical College Admissions Test Analytics and Insights at the Association of American Medical Colleges, Fairfax, VA
Emilee Tison, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Emilee is a Principal Consultant and Selection and Assessment Lead Consultant at DCI Consulting Group, Washington, DC
Trevor Byrd, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Trevor is Director of Performance Analytics at Richardson Sales Performance, Charlotte, NC
Patrice Esson, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Patrice is Associate Director, International Service at Sheridan College in province of Ontario, Canada.
Rolanda Findlay, Ph.D., LCMD U.S.Navy (updated 2021)
- Rolanda is Founder & Principal of Follow Your Freebird, LLC, Miami, FL. Rolanda proudly served as a US Naval Officer and Aerospace Experimental Psychologist from 2009-2021
Rebecca Hoffner, Ph.D.
Cynthia Fife Immel, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Cynthia is a Associate Leadership Development Manager for Cochlear America, Denver, CO
Daniel LeBreton, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Dan is an Executive Bench® Consultant at RHR International, Brentville, TN
Nadine Mcbride, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Nadine is a Psychometrician at Amazon Web Services, Holly Ridge, NC
Julie Kalanick Osowski, Ph.D. (updated 2017)
- Julie is a Senior Research Psychologist at the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, Washington, DC
Victoria Robson, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Victoria is Director of Analytics and Enrollment Strategy at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
Corrie Whitmore, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Corrie is Assistant Professor of Health Sciences at the University of Alaska in Anchorage, Anchorage Alaska
Eugene Kutcher, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Gene is Dean of the Norm Brodsky College of Business at Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ
Matthew Trippe, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Matt is a Senior Staff Scientist at Human Resources Research Organization, Louisville, KY
Yvette Quintela, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Yvette is a Principal at Mecer | Sirota, Washington, DC
Rachel Backert, M.S. (updated 2013)
- Rachel is a Manager of Organizational Development at Mary Washington Health Care, Glen Allen, Virginia
Ty Breland, Ph.D. (udpated 2021)
- Ty is Global Human Resource Officer, Talent Development + Organizational Capability & Global Development at Marriott International, Inc., Washington DC
Lisa (Wan Yin Chang) Hsu, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Founder and Director of Ni Hao Chinese Schools, Torrence, CA
Leifur Geir Hafsteinsson, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Leifur is Director of Human Resources and Quality at Valka ehf, Reykjavik, Iceland.
Kristina Meacham, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Kristina is Senior Marketing Research Analyst at the Society for Human Resource Management, Alexandria, VA
Kevin Bradley, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Kevin is a Senior Staff Scientist at Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Alexandria, VA
Steven R. Burnkrant, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Steve Burnkrant is a Lead Personnel Research Psychologist in the Organizational Assessment (OA) section of the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, Denver, CO
Amy Gershenoff Hayes, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Amy is a Managing Director at Russell Reynolds Associates, Atlanta, GA
Heather Hayes, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Heather is a Psychometrician at Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT
Andrea Sinclair, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Andrea Sinclair is a Program Manager and Senior Scientist at the Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Louisville, KY
S. Bartholomew Craig, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Bart is an Associate Professor in the Industrial-Organizational Psychology program at North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC
Joan McMahon, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Joan is an Professor Emerirtus in the Luter School of Business at Christopher Newport University, Newport News, VA
Chris Sanders, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Chris is an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist for the City of Alexandria, Alexandria, VA
Dana Swartz Bryd, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Dana is Director of Assessment and Selection at Prudential Financial, Charlotte, NC
Patrick Gavan O'Shea, Ph.D, (updated 2021)
- Gavan manages HumRRO's Creative Services Group, which is responsible for the organization's communication, web and graphic design, and marketing initiatives. He works out of HumRRO's Louisville, KY, office, and is currently supporting several assessment development efforts for the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
Alisa Watt, M.S.
Tammy Bess, M.S.
Shanan G. Gibson, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Shanan is Dean of the O'Maley College of Business at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona Beach, FL
Melissa Gratias, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Melissa is Founder & Principal of Progress Not Perfection Consulting, Savannah, GA
Eran Hollander, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Eran is Senior Vice President of Product Management at Flywire, Boston, MA
Carl Swander, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Carl is President and CEO of Ergometrics & Applied Personnel Research, Inc. and President and CEO of National Testing Network, both in Lynnwood, WA
Emily Stimpson Blue, M.S.
Jason DePasquale, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Jason P. DePasquale is Deputy Assistant Administrator, Training & Development at the Transportation Security Administration, Washington, DC
Nicole Jalbert, Ph.D. (Updated 2021)
- Niki Jalbert is Founder & Principal of Miramar Consulting Group, Half Moon Bay, CA
Kevin Keller, M.S.
Timothy McGonigle, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Vice President of Operations at Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO), Alexandria, VA
Scott Parrill, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Scott is Vice President / Senior Financial Advisor/ Portfolio Manager at Merrill Lynch, Dallas, TX
Adam Prowker, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Adam is Director of Analytics at Bridgetree, Flemington, NJ
Joshua Williams, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Josh is Partner, Human Performance and Business Transformation at Populo Consulting, Denver, CO
Stephen Atkins, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Stephen serves as the business school Research Director at Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand
Laurie Buchanan, Ph.D.
Theresa Cullen, M.S. (updated 2015)
- Theresa is a Senior Employee Development Advisor with Sempra Energy, San Diego, CA
Rachel Fredholm DeSpain, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Rachel is co-owner of Retreat Outside (a retail store that caters to outdoor living) in Austin, TX, and she is co-owner of Alaska Zipline Adventures, Anchorage, AK
Jean-Anne Schmidt, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Jean-Anne is Senior Market Researcher at Red Ventures, Fort Mill, SC
Kevin J. Basik, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Kevin is Founder & Principal of Basik Insight, LLC, Charlotte, NC
Reagan Brown, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Reagan is a Professor of Psychology at Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY
Jeffrey Smith, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Jeff is Managing Director at Broadridge, New York, NY
Leslie Thomas, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Leslie is Chief Strategy and Product Officer at Kryterion, Phoenix AZ
Thomas, Dallam, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Thomas is Chief People Officer at TDECU Credit Union in Houston, TX
Steven C. Morgan, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Steve is President of Performance Insight, LLC, Lancaster, PA.
Dwayne Norris, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Dwayne is Senior Vice President & Chief of Human Resources at the American Institute of Research, Washington, DC
Daniel P. Russell, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Dan is Senior Vice President of Learning & Organizational Development at SGS&CO, Louisville, KY.
Paige Porter Wolf, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Paige is Associate Dean, Graduate Programs, in the College of Business at George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Heather Roberts Fox, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Heather is Senior Lecturer in the the Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Anne Holloway-Lundy, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Anne is a Personnel Research Psychologist at the Office of Personnel Management, Denver, CO
Yuqing Ni, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Yuqing is a Senior Data Consultant at Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
Darren Ritzer, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Darren is Professor of Psychology at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, NC
Maureen Walsh, Ph.D.
Thomas Berry, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Tom is an Associate Professor of Psychology at Christopher Newport University, Newport New, VA
Sharon Flinder, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Sharon is the Executive Director of Applied Psychology at Transformation Systems, Inc., Washington D.C.
Dianan Corrigan, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Diana Corrigan is a Human Resources Officer in the Bureau of Global Talent at the U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C.
Kathleen Duffin, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Kathy is a Director of Human Resources at Colorado Department of Labor and Employment for the State of Colorado, Denver, CO
Justin Rueb, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Justin is Professor of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point, Stevens Point, WI
Marcus Cowgill, Ph.D.
Stuart E. Greenberg, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Stuart is Director of Customer and Business Insights Oncology for Bayer, Global / Oncology Market Research at Bayer Pharmaceuticals, Whippany, NJ
Amy Russell Hartley, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Amy is Vice President of Human Resources for Alfa Laval, Richmond, VA
Pat Marshall, Ph.D. (updated 2013)
- Pat is the Principal of Organizational Strategies, LLC, New York, NY
Dean Stamoulis, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Dean is the Managing Director of Russell Reynolds Associates, Atlanta GA
Marta Carter Wilson, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Marta is CEO of Transformation Systems Inc. (TSI), Washington, DC
Robert Brill, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Bob is an Associate Professor of psychology at Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA
Jerry Bush, M.S. (updated 2021)
- Jerry is the Assessment Systems Manager for the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy, Washington, D.C.
Michelle Rozhon, M.S.
Lance Becker, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Lance passed away in 2019; he was Founder & Principal of Lance Becker & Associates, Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Monnie Bittle, Ph.D. (Updated 2020)
- Monnie is founder and Chief Executive Officer of Executive Decisions International, LLC, Chicago, IL
Elizabeth Brownlee Kolmstetter, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Liz is currently the Director of Talent Strategy and Engagement Division at The National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, DC
Joanne Mac Donlin, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Joanne is Team Leader of Product Innovation at MetrixLab, Morristown, NJ
Margery Hall, Ph.D.
Carissa Luch, M.S. (updated 2020)
- Carissa is a Senior Consumer Research Manager at Kimberly-Clark, Oshkosh, WI
Paul Levy, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Paul is a Professor and Chair of the Department of Psychology at The University of Akron, Akron, OH
Steve Walker, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Steve is Senior Vice President of Organizational Development at Citizens Bank, New York, NY
Kathryn Welch, Ph.D.
Liz Evenson, Ph.D.
Mary McCoy, Ph.D.
Larry Shetzer, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Larry is a Principal at Matrix Consulting, Vancouver, Canada.
Denise Long, M.S.
Jim Nimmer, Ph.D. (updated in 2013)
- Jim is Principal of JNG consulting, Denver, CO
James Austin, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Jim is the Program Lead for Assessment Services at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
Pete Villinova, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Pete is Professor of Management in the Walker School of Business at Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
1985 and prior years
Laura Donnelly, Ph.D.
Barry Riegelhaupt, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Barry is a Vice President, Advisory Services at Optum, Alpharetta, GA
Greg Dobbins, Ph.D.
- In 1995, Greg was a Professor in the I/O Psychology program at the University of Tennessee and a rising star in the field of Industrial/Organizational psychology when he suddenly passed away.
Robert Cardy, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Bob is Professor Emeritus and former Chair of the Department of Management in the College of Business at the University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX
Joseph Orban, Ph.D. (updated 2020)
- Joseph retired in 2017 as an Applied Psychological Measurement and Research Consultant.
Earl Pence, Ph.D. (updated 2021)
- Earl is Founder and Principal of Executive Coaching and Consulting, Fredricksburg, VA