- We hope you are having a great semester! If you need us for any reason, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question?
- Contact an Advisor, please email email@example.com, or contact your assigned advisor.
- The Student Advising Resources also has a wealth of information that addresses many common advising questions and concerns among students.
- Set up an Appointment for Undergraduate Advising
Career Paths in Psychology
These announcements are sent out weekly and outline important dates to remember, research and scholarship opportunities, class information, and much more. We encourage you to read them carefully each week.
Switching Into or Adding the Major and Minor
- If you are interested in becoming a psychology major or minor, please go to Prospective Student Page
The complete requirements for psychology majors can be found in the Major's Handbook, or the Major Checksheet for your graduation year, see below. In addition to meeting the psychology department's requirements, each major must fulfill the University's general education requirements.
In some instances, students may apply for a waiver of a specific requirement or may substitute one course for another to fulfill a requirement. If you wish to inquire about a waiver or course substitution, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Major Checksheet for Students Entering Fall 2020-Spring 2021
- Major Checksheet for Students Entering Fall 2021-Spring 2022
- Major Checksheet for Students Entering Fall 2022-Spring 2023
Handbooks and guides
- How to Run a DARs Report - for Students Graduating in 2022 and thereafter
- Student Guidebook 2019-2020-CLE
- Student Guidebook 2019-2020-Pathways
- Student Guidebook 2020-2021- All Entering Students
- Student Guidebook 2021-2022 - All Entering Students
- Student Guidebook 2022-2023 - All Entering Students
- Psychology Study Abroad Guide
- Psychology Undergraduate Catalog
The requirements for the minor vary somewhat according to graduation year. To add the PSYC minor, please set up an Explore Psychology Minor appointment following the directions here.
For students graduating in 2021 or later, the requirements for the minor are 18 credit hours in psychology, including:
- successful completion of these specific courses -- a) PSYC 1004 (Introductory Psychology) and b) PSYC 1094 (Principles of Psychological Research; note that the research methods courses in HD and Sociology may be used as substitutes)
- successful completion of one of the following courses: PSYC 2034, 2044, 2064, or 2084, and
- successful completion of two (three-hour) psychology courses at the 3000-level or above. (PSYC 4964 and 4994 taken pass/fail may not be used to satisfy this requirement.)