Neurodiverse Workplace Study: The VT Center for Autism Research and the Mind Music Machine Lab at Virginia Tech are seeking adults to participate in a study that will explore the way autistic and non-autistic adults collaborate on a series of experimental tasks in Minecraft Hour of Code Simulator with a virtual partner.
WHO DO WE NEED?
Participants who meet the following criteria:
- Has a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)/related autistic disorder (from DSM-IV autistic disorder, Asperger's, PDD-NOS)
Does not have any current psychological or psychiatric conditions/diagnoses
- At least age 18 years old
- Verbally fluent in English
- No active electrical implants (e.g., pacemaker)
- Not pregnant or think they may be pregnant
- None of the following impairments:
- Fine motor
TASK WILL INCLUDE:
- Screening over the phone to assess inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Online meeting to complete a measure of cognitive abilities in order to be eligible for the experimental tasks
- Completion of online questionnaires
- In-person visit to the lab to complete a series of experimental tasks in Minecraft Hour of Code Simulator with a virtual partner while wearing devices measuring physiological reactivity (e.g., skin conductance, heart rate, eye tracking)
- At the end, you can receive a summary of your individual cognitive abilities results and up to $10/hour for the experimental session.
- Eligibility sessions will take up to 1 hour and be conducted over Zoom.
- Experimental session will take up to 2 hours and be conducted in-person.
CONTACT FOR MORE INFORMATION: email@example.com
Principal Investigator: Dr. Sun Wook Kim, PhD (firstname.lastname@example.org)