The Research for Alcohol and Couples Health (REACH) Lab is actively recruiting participants for a study in which they seek to understand the experiences of couples who experience conflict and drink alcohol.
Do you experience conflict within your relationship? You may be eligible for a paid research study. Researchers at Virginia Tech (IRB#: 21-1073) are interested in learning about the needs of couples in which one or both partners drink alcohol.
What participation involves:
- Completing an individual interview (without your partner being present) with a research staff member. The interview will be audio recorded and confidential.
- Answering questions about your treatment needs, barriers, and preferences.
- You and your partner will each earn $67. The interview will last 60-90 minutes.
To be eligible you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in a relationship of at least 1 year and live with your partner.
- Your partner must participate in the study too, but will be interviewed separately.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and are interested in finding out more, email or call the REACH Lab at REACHLabVT@gmail.com or (540)231-1891.