Sending Pictures for Website Updates
A smart phone is a great way to get photos which can be posted on our website. Just make sure to only submit photos you have taken with your phone, sending photos from other sources (such as messaging apps or social media) will probably not have enough resolution for the website.
Using Everest (must use office computer)
- Plug your phone into your computer of choice.
- For Windows, open "File Explorer" and your phone should be listed on the left panel. For Mac, open "Finder" and your phone should also be listed on the left panel.
- Double-click on the your phone's icon.
- Look through the files that should appear in your window and you should be able to find the picture needed for the update.
- Open up Everest from your Desktop
- Go to faculty > website > pictures
- Drag and drop your image from your file finder into the pictures folder
Using Email (iPhone)
- From your phone, click on the Photos app
- Find the picture that you want, and press the "Share" icon on the bottom left of your screen
- You should be in a window with four rows, find the third row and scroll through the options until you find the "Mail" app
- Press the "Mail" app and your phone should auto-construct an email for you
- Set the email to "email@example.com" and set the subject to "New Picture for Website" and click "Send" in the top right corner
Using Email (Android)
- On your phone, find the photo you want to send
- Click the share icon on the bottom left of the screen
- Select your mail app
- Set the email to "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Enter a subject to describe the photo
- Click send.