IT Support - Additional Information Request
In order to better support end users with IT related issues, the following additional information should be submitted when you ask for help via email. This will allow me to do research about the issue before giving advice or suggesting fixes.
- What is the VT inventory number of the computer? (VT000......)
- What are you trying to do, and what are the steps you took to do it?
- What task are you trying to accomplish?
- What are the EXACT steps you took BEFORE you got stuck.
- What computer/device are you using and where is it located? Building and Room#.
- What is the EXACT error message you are getting when you get stuck?
- What is the exact error message you are getting?
- Can you take a screenshot of the error message and send it to me?
- Can you take a picture with your smartphone and send it to me?
- What are the steps you have taken to resolve the issue?
- Have you tried rebooting the computer?
- Have you double checked the network cable?
- Have you removed all thumb drives/other accessories from the computer?
- Have you tried anything else?
It may be easiest to copy the above questions and paste them into an email.