Welcome to the Psychology Department Summer Orientation!!
You are going to receive 2 emails from the advisors in the Psychology Department on or around June 7. One is an invitation to a Canvas course website for Psychology Orientation Summer 2021. The other is an invitation to schedule an advising appointment (your name and schedule an appt. will appear in the Subject line), where you will choose your classes for fall. Please accept both invitations, and complete the list below.
NOTE: We will be randomly assigning students to 4 appointment weeks (Week 1, 2, 3, and 4), and you will be able to freely schedule your appointment within your assigned week. Appointments will take place in the afternoons, Eastern time.
Please complete the following steps at least one week prior to your orientation advising appointment.
- Complete all the steps listed on the College of Science Orientation website, Hopefully you will already be done with at least Steps 1 and 2.
- Make sure your advising appointment is scheduled.
- Accept the invitation to our Canvas site for Psychology summer orientation. Please be sure to look over the posted information and video(s), complete the assignment, and take the quiz BEFORE your advising appointment
- If you have any questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check your vt email daily!
We look forward to meeting you!
Courtney Glass, Christina Minford, and Kurt Hoffman
The Psychology Advising Team